Good relationships at the work place help strike a fine balance between work and personal life for every working individual. As far as the Australian mining industry is concerned, in order to increase work-force retention, adequate compensation packages should be provided to their employees. Apart from that, a good relationship increases flexibility at workplace, positive work environment and increases a sense of responsibility among employees.
Recent studies have revealed that most mining companies in Australia do not really nurture their employees and treat them in a manner which is despicable. As an employer, you must be aware that such shameful treatment of your employees creates a really poor environment in the organization which adversely affects its productivity.
Sometimes, bad relationships with the management compel employees to leave the organization. And honestly, many organizations are unable to provide helpful, motivating and caring work environment to their employees. This culminates in complete disaster as the employee starts feeling depressed and pressurized and develops bitterness towards the organization which reflects in his functioning.
Tips on how to maintain healthy relationship at workplace
All of us know that an encouraging and supportive work ambience helps in improving safety on job, increases productivity and helps at workforce retention. To develop healthy and better professional relationships at workplace, the managers working in the Australian mining industry can follow these small tips:
• In order to develop a good relationship, firstly, you must respect your employees.
• A manager plays a vital role in the organization. He acts as a guide, a coach and helps in planning strategies which can be pulled off by the employees. The main job of the manager is to keep the employees happy and motivated so that they provide the maximum output. The Australian Mining industries should hire managers who can support the work culture and maintain great relationships with the employees.
• Emphasize on team work and appoint a leader or senior authority for each department. This will help in improving a good relationship between upper management and employees.
• Hire an employee only if there is a proper place and duty for him to execute.
• Mining industries in Australia can promote an employee based culture in the organization. The support work ambience will always make him feel that the organization is there to support him whenever he feels the need. An employee based culture includes the open door policy, decision making authority, and availability of resources primarily.
• Organizations who nurture their employees can help them in fulfilling their dreams and achieving their personal goals. Try and provide opportunities for career growth of the employees by offering certifications, mentorship programs and educational courses in addition to providing timely increments and better work incentives.
• Treat your employees in a manner which is fit for respectable human beings. Show some care and respect and keep the workers happy. As long as they are happy, remember that they will keep you happy in terms of output and productivity.
These are some of the tips that can help in maintaining a good relationship between management and employees. Additionally, group discussions and team work also helps in developing better relationships and increases the level of productivity in the organization.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Deb_Osterio
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7003887